We are asking for nominations for the “Richard R. Ernst Prize in Magnetic Resonance” (Ernst Prize), named after magnetic resonance pioneer and Nobel Laureate Prof. Richard R. Ernst, which will be awarded at the EUROISMAR 2019 in Berlin to recognize ‘recent beneficial applications of Magnetic Resonance’.
The Ernst Prize is intended to recognize achievements going beyond fundamental research, for groundbreaking applications of new or of previously known techniques in all areas of magnetic resonance. It is intended for research published within the last three years, although the origins of the ideas and experiments may have been described in previous publications. In special cases, and at the discretion of the Prize Committee, the award may be for cumulative achievements over a longer period of time. The Ernst Prize is intended to be awarded to a single individual; however, it may be awarded to up to three scientists if the Prize Committee deems that their contributions to the development of the applications are of equal value. Former prize recipients are Alex Pines (2016), Robert Griffin (2017), and Claudio Luchinat (2018).
The Prize comes with a purse of 10,000 Euros; it is sponsored by Bruker BioSpin, and is awarded annually at the EUROMAR conference.
The 2019 Ernst Prize committee consists of Profs. Lucia Banci (chair), Alex Pines, Robert Griffin, Claudio Luchinat, Patrick Giraudeau, Hartmut Oschkinat and Óscar Millet.
Nominations must include and fulfill the following conditions:
• Nominations must include the nominee's name, affiliation, address, phone number, and e-mail
• Nominations must include a brief (ca. 200 words) description of the work serving as the basis for the nomination, and a list of relevant publications (~5).
• Nominees may not have received the Günther Laukien Prize or the Russell Varian Prize in the preceding five years.
• Self-nominations are not accepted
• Nominations for the 2019 Ernst Prize will be considered until February 17, 2019 to Lucia Banci, the Chair of the Ernst Prize Committee.
On behalf of the EUROMAR Board of Trustees and of the Ernst Prize Committee
|Thomas Prisner||Lucia Banci|
|Chair, EUROMAR Board of Trustees||Chair of the Ernst Prize Committee|