We have received a surprisingly high number of abstract submissions. Therefore, poster presentation space at EUROISMAR 2019 is very limited.
- Over 800 abstracts were submitted on time, prior to the 1 July 2019 deadline.
- including invited and plenary speakers,
- including around 80 abstracts that were selected for an oral presentation.
- We have accepted over 600 posters that are all presented by a participant who have registered by 8 July 2019.
- 90% of these participants have already paid the registration fee for the conference by 8 July 2019.
- We are already considering halving the display time or size of posters to ensure that all accepted posters can be displayed.
Clearly, from a principle of fairness, we have to ensure that we provide sufficient space and time for the poster presenters who have submitted on time and committed to attending EUROISMAR 2019. We are actively assessing whether we are able to accept any more posters, but currently we do not feel that it would be possible.
For clarity, we reproduce the text below, which was on the deadline page prior to the poster abstract submission deadline.
- Please note that we only accept abstracts through our website submission form.
- We cannot accept abstracts through email or as email attachments.
- Please note that it will not be possible to access the abstract submission page after the deadline. The website executes the deadline automatically without human intervention.
- Please note that this deadline will NOT be extended due to increasingly limited space at the conference venue.
- Late posters will most likely NOT be accepted due to lack of space at the conference venue.
For abstract-related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org after reading through the bullet points above.
We reserve the right to withdraw posters that have been accepted scientifically but not presented by a registered and paid participant due to limited poster presentation space.
In the case of insufficient space, posters that pass scientific review will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Only timestamps on the abstract submission system on the website will be considered (not email timestamps).